LOFRANS supports BARBA AS with an X2 vertical windlass
Making anchoring easy takes hard work – by your windlass. So, it’s important that this piece of equipment has what it takes in solid construction and exceptional engineering.
Lofrans uses purpose-built (for maritime exposure), series-wound electric motors – for higher power ratings, faster retrieval speeds, easy servicing, greater dependability and longer lasting service. Lofrans’ unique aluminum collar design (most competitors’ are steel) won’t bind or corrode over years in a saltwater environment. And many of our components are hot forged, a more costly method to achieve higher strength and better surface condition. Lofrans is the only manufacturer to offer thru-deck windlasses with double seals to keep water out and double bearings to ensure a lifetime of reliable operation.
Andreas’ boat, BARBA AS, is equipped with the LOFRANS windlass X2 model, chosen for its reliable and sturdy design. The ability to use the anchor with ease further expands the capabilities of the Barba’s operations.
So, Andreas, we wish you great adventures and we are here for you when you need to drop anchor and get some of these great shots!
X2 - Vertical Windlass
• Luxury chrome broze base and drum
• Special watertight stainless steel ball bearing in the base
• With drum or Low profile
• Indepent Gypsy and drum operation
• Rope and chain combinaton Gypsy
• Manual chain release
• Manual override available for chromed bronze models only
• Rope chain management by the spring loaded arm
• Chain counter magnet pre-installed as standard
• IP67 rated heavy duty electric motor
• Anodised marine aluminium gearbox
• Control Box included in package
The "X" vertical windlasses are suitable for sail and motor boats from 6m to 27m in length. They have different motorization attributes according to each model.
The standard features that you can meet in every X series windlass are:
• Watertight stainless steel ball bearing in the base (for better functionality and zero maintenance) which is a unique feature in the windlass market.
• The clutch is made by two conical discs connected to the main shaft by two parallel planes on the shaft, in order to avoid using keys and allocate the weight load properly.
• The electric motor and gearbox are connected by a particular coupling that is made by a socket for easier maintenance.
• There is a sensor in the base and a magnet into the gipsy so they can be connected to a chain counter.
• Manual override so that the chain or rope can be recovered manually in case of electric function failure.
More on: www.barba.no
Photos by Svetlana Romantsova (https://www.instagram.com/romantsovaphoto) & Lars Korvald (https://www.instagram.com/larskorvald)